This morning I read this on another blog:
America, born July 4, 1776
America, died Nov. 4, 2008
This says a lot about what just happened to our country. Why it may sound extreme, there is a lot of truth in it. I feel now more than ever that the outcome of this 2008 Presidential Election proves to the United States Armed Forces that what they have fought for in the past and continue to fight for in the present is taken for granted and exploited. Freedom is not free and over the past few years especially, the citizens of the United States have all but spit in the faces of our soldiers fighting all around the world. The FREEDOM to open your mouth and say what you want, the FREEDOM to vote, the FREEDOM to live in safe neighborhoods and commute to work without worrying about being blown up every morning. The FREEDOM to prance around San Francisco mocking our fighting soldiers. The list goes on and on. Liberals and ungrateful Americans have taken and exploited our Freedom rights to the lowest of the low.
I mean, for crying out loud...America just voted in a President who said that our soldiers were "doing more harm than good" in the Middle East. Are you kidding me??? Since 9/11 our troops have done more good over in the Middle East than anyone will every know because our Liberal media outlets refuse to report on anything but negative stories coming out of the war zones.
Don't you get it America?? Our nation is long gone from being "One Nation Under God" as our founding Fathers meant for it to be. We are now moving into a critical, life-threatening, selfish & socialist realm under the reign of Hussein Obama. Hussein.....didn't we just capture and kill this low-life terrorist?? Oh no, wait...that's our President now. Unbelievable!!! Who, by the way, reported having a "hindu god lucky charm" in his pocket yesterday during the election. Now, let me ask you this: Do you want a President running this nation that puts his "hope" & "faith" in a hindu charm he got out of a candy machine or someone who is going to get down on their knees and ask for God's guidance in times such as now.
Well, I know where I stand and it's not with the ideals & plans of Hussein Obama because he is planning on doing nothing but pulling out all of our troops and making us that much more vulnerable to the enemy. This not only sends the wrong message to terrorists groups and "sleeping giants" of the world but it also once again is a slap in the face to what our troops have done for this country. We cannot rely on this man to move America forward in any way. We have to continue to stand and believe in our one and only leader and his name is Jesus Christ. This is not only a worldly "natural" battle, but more importantly it is a spiritual battle. This is a call for Christians around the country and world to stand in prayer for our now hurting, crumbling nation. Please continue to pray for our country and as hard as it is we do need to pray for our leaders. Especially pray for our troops and our commanders in charge. We have to come together as "One Nation Under God" once again. God Bless our Troops and God Bless America!!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm going to try this again. I commented on your blog earlier and I think it was erased because I didn't have an account with Google at the time. If it actually went through, just ignore this one.
I "chatted" with my 19 year old son that failed to register to vote. I told him that we really could have used his vote yesterday. He said it wouldn't have made a difference. That's the attitude that cost us the election. Not McCain...it wasn't really his loss. It was our loss. Who knows, this might have been the best thing for John McCain...the toll that the presidency would have taken on his health may have been a TKO. But the average American is going to suffer the most.
As I stated in my previous comment...I now know what the southerns must have felt the day Lincoln was announced as president. Not that you can compare Lincoln and Obama. One worked and ultimately gave up his life in order to keep America together, the other seems to be actively reducing America to shreads. But that sick, sinking feeling that the southerners had when they realized that live as they knew it was gone forever. I can understand why so many Southerners just left the south...America...and went west to start over. I can't help but wonder the same thing...I can teach anywhere.
The foolish 'pride' of some people over something as superficial as race has put our country in great peril. I'll be the first to agree that this country needed new leadership. I'll also agree that maybe McCain is NOT the person we need at our helm. But I know that Obama isn't what our country needs...we've elected a leader that views with contempt, everthing America is! We've had presidents in the past that were not such great leaders. We've had presidents that were poor leaders. But our past presidents; great, mediocre and poor alike all at least held their position and their country in high regard. President #44 may just be America's worst nightmare.
I have asked myself many times today, are there really that many stupid people out there or am I just blind and I've missed something. But I honestly think that there is a large sector of racist people that just voted a man to the most powerful position in the world based on the color of his skin. Then there is a large sector that said "We need change...I don't know what it is but Obama is from another party so lets give him a try" without ever finding out what he's all about. Then there was a group that was completely apathetic and voted for the first group on the ballot, regardless of who it was. Then there were the obviously small number of us that saw reality, as fearsome as it was, and stood in line for hours to vote. We voted for the candidate that is proud of America, proud to be an American, sacrificed for America and shared the American vision of One Nation Under God! The voice of reason was too little and too late. I know that because I did stand in line for hours and cast my ballot, it gave me the "right" to complain about the state of my country. That's little consolation in the face of abject despair. I've never prayed so hard in my life to be wrong. Since that isn't accomplishing much, I'm now praying that God will bind the hands of Satan. I saw a bumper sticker yesterday at the church where I vote. It said "Pray, Vote, Pray some more!" That's what I'm doing. Join me!
Post a Comment